About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 18 March 2012

WIP: Tamsin's Equine Development Facility #9

It's good to have my mojo back! :)

I got a lot more done on the horses than I'd expected (and planned) to today. Not only did I get all the metalwork done (bits, buckles, tack-decorations), I also got all the saddle cloths painted.

Here are two pics, as you've been such good followers (and I have been a naughty blogger, not posting any for a few days):



For the saddle cloths, plumes, tassels and bridle/tail ribbons I've selected 9 colourful paints. That should ensure that no two horses have the same colours for saddle cloths and decorations.

Still to do: tassels, plumes, ribbons, ground colour on bases. I might even manage to get that done by the end of Tuesday evening.

Edit: oh, and socks and face markings need to be done as well

Eeek! I'd better make a start on prepping some of the riders!

4 comments:

  1. A veritable rainbow of saddle-cloths!

    My daughters sneer at my hobby, so I'll be showing them your blog to prove that it's not just all middle aged blokes. My youngest, horse-mad, daughter will be smitten be these, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colourful. Glad to see you are back and humming along with your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rosbif - yup, it's mumble-aged women as well! ;)

    @Rodger - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A labour of love that you will look back at soon....

    ReplyDelete