About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Challenge Day 04

Well, things haven't been too good since I posted on Sunday. Monday was great up until the last few minutes of my journey home after a team meal, when I realised I needed to get to the toilet very quickly. I'm not sure if it was food poisoning or a bug that's doing the rounds but I was ill all night and all day yesterday. I was still rather dodgy today, but it seems to have eased off and I have managed to get a bit of work done on my current projects.

My medieval camp scene for my Swiss army has been finished and pics have been mailed to Curt. However, he won't be posting them until Sunday evening, so I won't have any points until then unless I manage to finish my Seleucid cavalry.

Speaking of which, they are very nearly done - just boots, hands, leatherwork and touch ups to do before I base them. I've also finished the nellies, but as they were started before the Challenge they won't count.






I'm not sure which figures to do next. Should I do the coureurs de bois for BfC or my Viking berserkers? What do you guys reckon?

21 comments:

  1. Vikings, of course. But then I would say that, wouldn't I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I do love the Vikings, duty calls; I would get on to the coureurs de bois. Two challenges are thus fulfilled.

    And lovely work on the elephants, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've been ill - it sounds nasty.

    I like the nelllies very much - but always have a soft spot for them. My vote for the next batch also goes with Vikings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Tamsin. I especially like the colours on the cavalry. Good to hear you're feeling better as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vikings, sorry to hear about the illness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry you have been under the weather, I like the Elephants.
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your dicky tum, nice looking figures and I'd go for the Coureur de bois, just to be difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even at your worst you are still getting more accomplished on the painting front then I am. Hope all is well and that you are tip top by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your drying up now, never fun when you have to hold those bad boys in.

    Looks like you have a nice point fest coming up.

    Those Nellies do look splendid

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  10. finish off the Vikings first,

    cheers,
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  11. My vote is for Vikings too. Hope you are feeling much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about your troubles, but thank you for the nellies. Just finished one myself and hope to have the photos to Curt today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you continue to recover and that you are fine by the time you read this. As for what to paint, flip a coin, if you start to say best of three you'll already know what you would prefer. And the decision is made.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon! You just reminded me (again) that I need to finish my Coureurs...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you recover fully quickly. Why do the Berserkers of course!
    Nice elephants by the way

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vikings all the way Tamsin!
    Glad you are feeling a bit better now

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vikings! Pity those nellies are not elligable for the challenge, they would scoop you quite a few points.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent work on all of those projects, Tasmin. Good progress! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the well-wishing all! I'm feeling much better today and food is staying inside now *phew*

    Well, it looks like Vikings are what people want, so that's what I'll hit up next! :)

    ReplyDelete