About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 22 December 2013

Challenge Entry #1 - 15mm Seleucid Cavalry

As they've been up on Curt's blog for over 24 hours now, I can post them here.

This was my first entry in this year's Challenge and netted me 48 points. I should more than double my score today when the non-combatant bonus theme entries are posted.

So, the Seleucid xystophoroi cavalry. The figures are from Donnington Miniatures - 11 are companion/agema cavalry with one cataphract as a leader. I went a bit further than usual with these and did more than one layer on the armour and cloaks. Looking at the pictures now, I realise that I missed a step - there are no white markings on any of the horses' legs! Oh well.

I decided to keep the basing fairly plain, but might add tufts in the future if I can find some that would look right.



Glamour shot with the nellies!






I'm quite pleased with these boys and hope you all like the look of them.

I was feeling pretty wrecked yesterday after doing a shop to stock up on food for the holiday, so I halted work on the berserkers as I didn't feel up to doing detail work. Instead I started work on another of my challenge projects, doing black and yellow ochre undercoats on a bunch of 15mm figures. This morning I drybrushed over the black with oily steel.That might give some of you a hint of what the project is if you remember my entries last year. I might even be able to get them pretty much finished today (apart from flocking, tufting etc) so there is a chance that I will be able to add a goodly quantity of points to my total before Christmas. As I'll be heading down to my family in Sussex for a few days and won't be able to take any painting with me, that would be quite handy.

12 comments:

  1. Nice cavalry, that should pack quiet a punch!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Tamsin. If you do get away for a few days, have some fun and enjoy yourself. All the best Clint

    ReplyDelete
  3. More Swiss coming this way?
    Have a nice Christmas.
    seb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame about the White socks on the nags but they still look very good. Happy X-mas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work !
    I wish you a merry christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tamsin,

    they are great!
    a cool family picture with their Friends Nellies.

    Have a nice a Santa !

    Best regards

    GillesW

    ReplyDelete
  7. A killer combo in both looks and what they'll deliver in FoG.

    Enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to hear you all like them! :)

    @ Ross - they will pack a nice punch on the table :)

    @ Clint - I will have fun and enjoy myself while I'm away. Catching up on all the Challenge posts when I get home will be tough work though.... :)

    @ Loki - and you sir! :)

    @ Seb - Swiss? Maybe, maybe :)

    @ Paul - they were obviously selected for not having socks. Well, that's my excuse now that I've considered it! :)

    @ el frances - a wonderful Christmas to you too :)

    @ Gilles - I just had to put up one pic of them with the glamorous nellies :)

    @ Dean - cheers!

    @ Monty - cheers! They should be very handy in FoG if they can overcome my dice rolls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job Tamsin! Looking forward to your Bonus theme entry!

    ReplyDelete