About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 20 December 2014

Challenge Day 16 - The Russians Have Arrived

Hooray! My Russians have been posted on the Challenge blog and have already received lots of lovely comments.

I've finished the Space Demons. After posting yesterday, I suddenly realised that I had something in the lead mountain which would go very well with them, so I very quickly prepped, assembled and primed it last night. I painted it up today.

Unfortunately, I've been having trouble taking pics of them. I think I've found out what the problem was, so will go back and re-do all the photos after posting this. With a bit of luck, they'll be submitted in time for Curt to post them tonight.

I've also been busy with the Korean warrior monks. Last night I'd gone over the gravel on the bases with 50% PVA to help secure it and also to provide a smooth coat to make painting easier. It also helps to stop the gravel soaking up the paint. Today, while paint was drying on the other stuff, I primed them.



I might make a start on them over the next few days, so that I won't have much to do over Christmas.


4 comments:

  1. Oh they look like they're going to be a smashing force, Tamsin. great post on the Challenge today. You're really going great guns at the moment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are a painting machine with a production line of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a painting demon and I just cannot believe the volume of your output

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Blax - these will just be a small addition to my existing Koreans, but rather more colourful.

    @ Clint - "Tamsin's Painting Factory" :)

    @ Petal - nah, just a plain, ordinary demon ;)

    ReplyDelete