About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 13 September 2015

Saturday Workbench: Enforcers Finished

Well, I've had another crappy week of being knackered as hell when I got home from work. Then last night the cold which had been niggling away in the background came on full blast. Which put paid to my plan of going to Colours today.

During the week, I didn't get any work done on the various cars, but I have made up for that today. The inserts got varnished (satin, then gloss over the "windows". The bodies got sprayed with their top colour, then I tried chipping them. And made an almighty mess on some of them taking it down to the painted metal coat. The rust colours only showed through on a couple of them, so I went over them with the rust paint in the places where there should have been chipping. I think that the problem was that it had been so long since I did the hairspray coats and it had set hard.

After that I painted the details, did another gloss coat and assembled them. After that they got a mud/dust spray and a final coat of varnish (matt with a small amount of Klear added).

And here are the finished cars:











Mud Bug -- Mid-sized, Heavy chassis, Off-Road Active suspension, Sport power plant, Fire Extinguisher, 4 Fireproof Off-Road Puncture-Resistant tires, Driver w/TC and BA, Light Laser Front, Vulcan Machine Gun Front, Smokescreen Back, Airdam, Link (LL, SS), Link (SS, VMG), Fireproof Plastic Armor: F35, L30, R30, B35, T16, U10, Gear Allocation: [7 lbs.], Acceleration 10, Top Speed 130, HC 3 (4 @60mph), 5273 lbs., $29312


I think that tomorrow I'll crack on and do the weapons for the Fast 4WDs, to finally get them out of the way. 

10 comments:

  1. Would like to see them on a table soon, no doubt you want to as well. Very good. So many nice cars. Car Wars was such a good game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work. Sorry you're not feeling well; hope you feel up to some more hobby time today. What chipping method did you use? I've usually pretty lucky with the salt method.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying this project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Chris said, can't wait to see these on the table, hope your feeling better soon

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Al - glad you like them :)

    @ Chris - yup, definitely need to get them table-bound at some point soon :)

    @ Herbert - I was using the hairspray method. The salt method s good, but you have to know in advance exactly where you want the chips to appear.

    @ Clint - so am I :)

    @ Ian - I might have to get some suitable terrain done first, but I definitely want to get them onto the table soon :)

    @ Michael A - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great going girl, makes me a bit jealous. Have just been stuck in a concrete box called an isolation ward.

    ReplyDelete