About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Challenge Prep #1

With less than two weeks to go, I've actually started my prep-work for the Challenge. Last night I sorted the (thankfully already primed) 6mm Confederates, mainly to work out how many bases I'll need.

This evening I've made a start on basecoating those bases. I'm about two thirds of the way through that job so I should finish it before I go to bed.



I've also been placing orders for a few things and two of those orders have arrived. The first was for some paints I'll need - I won't bore you with photos of those.

The second arrived today - some 2mm Napoleonic infantry from Irregular.


These are for a mini-project that I'm keeping under my hat for now. You'll just have to wait until I post the finished entry...

I've got a couple more orders to place - some more Aztecs and some spare weapons, shields and back-banners from The Assault Group; probably some bases from Warbases; plus a suitable mini for my entry fee (I've got a vague idea of what I'm after, but it may be too expensive necessitating a re-think).

Anyway, that's enough blather for this post!

11 comments:

  1. Hopefully it's a HUGE prep weekend for me. Would be good to get a little better organised for me. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. go go with the prep... am in the same mindset.. getting all the boring parts out of the way now ( assembly and basing ) before the fun parts.. painting!

    Curious what your surprise project is though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prep so far has also been to place a couple of orders. (Not big ones though) I will be interested in seeing how the 2mm Nappys come out as it's a scale I have never tried yet I can see if done well may be brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2mm Napoleonics! I can barely see the details in my favoured 28mm, you must have eyes like a hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2mm is mini-project alright...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2mm huh? You'll need to paint about a million to get 10 points :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Brendon - a huge prep weekend? Does that mean that you will only be entering 120mm models this year? ;)

    @ Francis - cheers! :)

    @ M R Lee - yup, lots of prep to be done. I think my next steps will be sticking other figures on bases & painting sticks for priming before the Challenge starts. :)

    @ Clint - that sounds like good prep to me. If only they came ready to paint and the real prep wasn't needed ;)
    As for the 2mm Nappies, you'll just have to wait and see what my plans are for those. All should be revealed fairly early :)

    @ Michael A - I have no plans for making masterpieces of them ;)

    @ Adam - mini is very much the case! ;)

    @ Pat - thanks! :)

    @ Millsy - maybe, but they are so cheap that it's not beyond the realms of possibility! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many of my ingredient shopping trips often add up in cost, necessitating a re-think. I know it's not the same thing but if we're talking spending money on our hobbies, it's makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing how the 2 and 6mm turn out. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete