About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 23 January 2016

Challenge Day 34 - Friday Night Reds

I've been taking it fairly easy this evening - I needed an easy painting night after doing all that work on the 96 Righteous Army figures. They have had a coat of Klear/ink mix, the bases have had an ink wash and been dry-brushed. All that remains to do is spray them with matt varnish, flock the bases and add some flags - those are jobs for tomorrow.

I've also done a little more work on the Aztecs. The reds of the suit, hat and shield have been highlighted, then the "feather" texture given a final wash of Black Red to darken the recesses a bit. I've also painted the basecoats for the wooden part and the earth colour on the base.


If all goes to plan, I should be able to finish them tomorrow as well and get two submissions in for this weekend.

I'm not sure what will be up next. I do have an inkling of an idea for the "Defensive Terrain" bonus theme round, but I still need to work out some details to see if it's something I can do without too much trouble.

I'll probably return to the 6mm Rebs next week, maybe the artillery and either the mounted or dismounted cavalry.


3 comments:

  1. Aztecs I Ones-eys! Just shows you in fashion nothing is new.

    I am following this Frostgrave setting avidly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liking the red Aztecs, takes me back......

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Clint - I bet you wouldn't say to an Aztec that he was wearing a onesie! ;)

    @ Fran - thanks! I didn't think you were old enough to have been with Cortes though? :p

    ReplyDelete