About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Tuesday 14 February 2017

AHPC7 - Challenge Day 56

Yikes! Eight weeks in which means just five weeks left of the Challenge!

I didn't quite finish the seamen last night, but I didn't have much to do this evening. Apart from varnishing - I ended up taking photos of them unvarnished for the submission, but have since given them a coat of Klear. At some point I'll give them a spray coat of matt varnish, then go over certain bits with satin or gloss varnish.

So, no pics tonight although I will add one or two when the post is up on the Challenge blog.

Edit: They're up!


Linky-link



Tomorrow evening it will be back to the Koreans. I should get most of the way through the third batch, finishing them on Wednesday. that will give me two evenings and the weekend for painting the officer and general stands. Plus doing the hat tassels, Klear/ink coat, matt varnish, drybrushing of bases, flocking...


9 comments:

  1. I really like these, remind me of the crew from the Jack Black King Kong film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic Tamsin great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ray - no I am not! :p

    @ Simon J - cheers! I don't think I've seen that version :)

    @ Francis - thanks! :)

    @ Dave D - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These turned out really well Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work- they look like a mean bunch.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Rod F - cheers! :)

    @ Pete - thanks! :)

    @ Wardy-La - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete