About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 18 June 2017

Breaking Silence

And I'm back to blogging. Sorry for the silence on here for the last few weeks. I've had various things keeping me occupied which have meant a distinct lack of hobbying, but that's all over now.

In the past week I have had two games of ADLG - I forgot to take my camera for Thursday's game but did get pics of Monday's game - I'll be writing up an AAR next and will schedule it to post tomorrow night. I've got games set up for the next two Mondays and Thursdays and will try to do AARs for all of them. These are for our club's competition.

This afternoon I actually got back to the paint desk - just putting a basecoat of burnt umber down on the dice holders I showed primed in the last post. I'll drybrush them and add some static grass on Tuesday night. I also need to do a priming session with the airbrush this week.


The Future of this Blog

During my absence, I have been giving some thought to my blogging and made some decisions. Rather than posting constant WIP pics, I'm going to do a single "on the workbench post" each week and will only do posts of figures once they are finished. I think that is better overall.

I'll also do AARs (when I remember to take my camera and take pics) and show reports.

14 comments:

  1. Tamsin, you make an apology for missing a post for only a few weeks - I've neglected blogging for months on end! :) I think your decision to post weekly is a great idea; something I may try to do. And please do bring your camera to take photos of your games too! Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you post again. Blogging, in and of itself, can take a large amount of time and effort - time that can be used for painting even more figures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back. I agree with the above comments. A weekly update and AARs is an eminently sensible way to keep your blogging manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, blogging can be a pain sometimes. That's why I'm happy to blog for C.B.'s, since I can post Stu's stuff when I've nothing of my own to contribute. I've also taken to getting involved in monthly blogging painting events to be sociable. Best of luck and welcome back amongst the bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  6. A re-fresh of approach will no doubt be good for both yourself and the blog, I like the idea of AAR's, it also shows the destination of all the hard work you do in putting stuff together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to have you back! Whatever direction you decide to go in will be fine with the readership. Constantly doing a blog like this can wear a person down!
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back.
    Blog how you want, as long as you enjoy it and get what you want out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see you are back in the blogosphere! Weekly updates, and possibly 2 a week are all I have ever managed! I just have not that much to say....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see you back blogging even though it was a very short absence imo.
    Blogging is oneof those things where it can become a chore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the welcome back chaps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see you back and you do whatever you need to keep your hobby interesting.

    ReplyDelete