About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 28 January 2018

Sunday Workbench 28 January

I know you were expecting a second "finished" post this past week, but I'm afraid you'll just have to wait until tomorrow for that. There is a good reason - I've had a cold all week which decided in the evenings to interfere with my ability to paint. I've made up for it this weekend and finished the second spear & bow unit as well as doing some more things.

Today I got the basing done and flag added to the spear & bow unit, then primed the figures that I had intended to do during the week:

Front left - Korean irregulars; Back left - Ming Chinese melee weapons; Right - Korean/Ming heavy bow cavalry

Once the primer had had a chance to dry, I sorted out the remaining Koreans and Ming Chinese for painting.



Korean irregulars

Korean/Ming heavy bow cavalry

Front to back: Spear & Dao unit; front rank spears for arquebusier units; heavy foot
I decided looking at what was left that I wanted to get the Korean irregulars out of the way. These will be for "mob" units and there are enough figures to do nine bases (to add to the three I've already done).

I've made a start on them:


These should be finished quite quickly, so expect a second "finished" post on Wednesday.


5 comments:

  1. even with a cold your astonishing productivity puts me to shame! I look forward to seeing the final products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hordes of Koreans will most definitely intimidate your future opponents! At least being mostly white they shouldn't be too challenging to paint!
    I hope you are feeling better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. With your extraordinary output i'm surprised you have any figures left to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tamsin,
    Lovely work as usual. I hope you feel better and can get back to finishing the "hordes."
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Herbert - it wasn't that productive really ;)

    @ Herkybird - I'm not sure that my opponents will be too worried about facing hordes of "mob" ;)

    @ Paul - you might think that, but my capacity to buy figures still exceeds my capacity to actually paint them! ;)

    @ Jerry - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete