About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 1 April 2018

Sunday Workbench 01 April


Despite taking things easy today, I got quite a bit done, as you can see.

First up, the Mongols. I finished prepping them all and got them stuck onto painting sticks. But then I had to remove a few and restick them on different sticks. I also had to remove two riders from their horses and swap them over.



You will have spotted a few figures in there which have already been primed. That was part of my rearranging.

I'll probably get them all primed on Wednesday.

And then there are the "retinue warriors" for my Sea Peoples. Well, the first batch anyway. I started on these yesterday and got a good way through; today I have got them almost finished. Just the flesh highlights and touch-ups to do.




Mind you, I might go back and redo the contrast panels on the tunic kilts as I made a bit of a boo-boo.That shouldn't be too bad as I'll be able to combine it with the touching up

I should get the painting finished tomorrow before I head out for a big King of the battlefield game at the club. I'll be able to do the Klear/ink step when I get home in the evening, and then can do the varnishing on Tuesday evening. at which point it will be time to start on the second batch.

At some point I'll be ordering a few more packs of figures (more chariots, some archers, some slingers) to allow me to morph the army to Philistines.

.

8 comments:

  1. Armoured Philistines always look fearsome and solid! Keep on painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's impressive progress in a day; particularly a 'restful day'! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very clean and organised paint table Tamsin - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work so far! I'm looking forward to the chariots you mentioned. It will be interesting to see how you can get double duty out of your figures. Hope you had a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking retinue, very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Herkybird - cheers, will do! :)

    @ James Fisher - thanks! :)

    @ Michael - you just can't see the dirt in that pic! :)

    @ Ray - cheers! :)

    @ Jerry - thanks and I did thanks! :)

    @ Dannoc - cheers! They did like their blues :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very organised...not like my desk at the moment!

    ReplyDelete